[coreboot] ATI chipset based maintboards

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:40:44 CET 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 8:48 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Mikhail,
>
> On 12.02.2008 11:37, Mikhail Savchenko wrote:
> > can you tell me what kind of technology documentations should our
> > company (we are AMD partner) get from AMD/ATI to be able add support of
> ATI
> > chipsets to coreboot?
> >

> Depends on the chipset. Some information (the RS690 Register Reference
> Guide) is public, some information may be difficult to get (SB600).
> Basically, the documentation you want are called "Register Reference
> Manual" or "BIOS Writer's Guide" or something similar.
>
> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel

Also, not to discourage, but keep in mind that if your company is using
coreboot in a product, your source code needs to be made available to the
public (a condition of the GPL). You should probably include this
information with your requests, and make sure that AMD is okay with it. I
can't imagine any problems, AMD has been very good to us, but best to cover
yourself ;)

-Corey