[coreboot] lar or lzma problems on 64-bit (was Weirdness with lzma setting in v3)

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Mon Feb 11 23:54:58 CET 2008

Lar looks pretty portable to 64-bit to me.

I think it would be nice if it worked on both platforms.  Maybe this will
help someone familiar with the code:

segment gets set to zero by lar_compress()

Here's a silly patch that fixes it for me, and hopefully sheds light on the
real problem.  With this patch, bogus gets set to zero instead of segment.

I duplicated it on FC 5 (gcc 4.1.1 binutils-2.16.91) and FC6 (gcc 4.1.2
binutils-2.18.50).

Maybe function pointers are overkill in terms of complexity for this case of
no compression, lzma, or nrv2b.

Myles