[coreboot] is ACPI a superset of _MP_ or not?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:33:20 CET 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 12:22 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> Does anyone know how OLPC are doing with the device tree in x86
> Linux? Seems that we want that (or another easy way to hand over
> interrupt routing info to the kernel) pretty badly.

This came up a while back. I tried to talk to one OLPC person about
it, w.r.t. using OF tree instead of ACPI, but the reponse was not at
all encouraging. It seemed you had to buy the whole package, including
an open firmware bios and callbacks, or you could not really use the
OF tree. I can find the email if anyone cares.

I think we should just continue to use _MP_.

ron