[coreboot] Run PCI rom before PCI bus scan??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Feb 9 21:55:53 CET 2008

Quoting Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:

> This is unfortunately at a later point in time. Anything to do with
> CSR needs PCI config registers to be working properly. One hint is
> "BARs" - Base Address Registers, which are stored in PCI config
> registers.
>
> Sorry I keep shooting down ideas. :\
>

> //Peter
That's ok Peter. I'm starting to wonder if the nic problem is getting
to complicated. As an alternative I'm thinking about just writing a
script that would disable the Wol in the eeprom before the RM4100 user
flashes their device with coreboot. This way the nic would power on
like a normal pci device?

I am having problems writing to the eeprom with ethtool.

ethtool -E ethX [magic N] [offset N] [value N]

        -E     Changes EEPROM byte for the specified ethernet  device.   offset
               and value specify which byte and it?s new value.  Because of the
               persistent nature of writing to the  EEPROM,  a  device-specific
               magic key must be specified to prevent the accidental writing to
               the EEPROM.

No matter what I try for the magic key I keep getting:

[root at localhost ~]# /usr/sbin/ethtool -E eth0 magic 0xXXXX offset 0x15
value 0x82
Cannot set EEPROM data: Invalid argument

What is the magic key supposed to be?

Thanks - Joe