[coreboot] Geode LX/CS5536 VSA

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 8 21:00:54 CET 2008

On 08.02.2008 17:13, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> On 08/02/08 00:09 -0800, Chris Kilgour wrote:
>
>> I have completed adopting the latest VSA update published at the start
>> of this thread to my GNU-buildable VSA version.  I placed a tarball of
>> the sources at http://www.whiterocker.com/openvsa/openvsa_20080207.tar.gz
>>
>> Please be aware this is all completely untested; there could be plenty
>> of typos and plain-old mistakes inside.  The binaries produced should be
>> considered unstable and experimental.  Use them at your own risk!
>>
>> I intend to keep publishing these tarballs until the coreboot.org SVN
>> gets seeded.
>>

> lets get this seeded then.  Stefan, wield your +5 mace of SVN admin, please.
>

>> If anyone has another (better?) name besides 'openvsa' please proffer.
>>

> I would say gnuvsa, but that might not be appropriate for our FSF friends.

Please don't call it gnuvsa. Either we don't change the name at all or
we pick something less offensive than gnuvsa.
OpenVSA (with whatever capitalization) would be fine for me. Then again,
the VSA code is already open, no need to imply the version with Intel
asm syntax is non-free.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel