[coreboot] alix1c current state

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:54:54 CET 2008

This patch (which is NOT signed off) adds (or tries to) PIRQ support
for the alix1c.

it crashes and burns badly, however, I don' t know why. Marc, is
0xf0000 set up as memory in the v3 port? I am not sure.

It dies at a strange point:
PCI: devfn 0x9, bad id 0xffffffff
PCI: pci_scan_bus pci_probe_dev returns dev 0x00000000(c)
PCI: devfn 0xa
pci_scan_get_dev: list is 0x00087eb8, *list is 0x0000b060
pci_scan_get_dev: check dev southbridge
pci_scan_get_dev: check dev southbridge it has devfn 0x78
pci_scan_get_dev: check dev superio
superio: Unknown device path type: 0
pci_scan_get_dev: child superio() not a pci device: it's type 0
PCI: pci_scan_bus pci_scan_get_dev returns dev None (no dev in tree yet)
new_device: devcnt 1

I can't see why it would die here. At the same time, I am not sure
that we're not losing what's in the serial FIFO. Lots of FIFO action
here. In fact, to help serial out run faster, I do this:
cat /dev/ttyS0
instead of running minicom!

I have seen minicom buffering almost 30-40 seconds of serial output
once I turn the alix off. Or, something is buffering it. Flow control
is OFF in minicom.

Note that if I comment out this line:
        select PIRQ_TABLE
in mainboard/pcengines/Kconfig, this bios builds and runs fine.

weird.

ron