[coreboot] Run PCI rom before PCI bus scan??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Tue Feb 5 16:51:39 CET 2008

So I found this in the ICH4 datasheet:

The LAN controller enters Wake on LAN mode after reset if the Wake on
LAN bit in the EEPROM is set *(which it is)*. At this point, the LAN
controller is in the D0u state. When the LAN controller is in Wake on
LAN mode:
? The LAN controller scans incoming packets for a Magic Packet and
asserts the PME# signal for 52 ms when a one is detected in Wake on
LAN mode.
? The Activity LED changes its functionality to indicates that the
received frame passed Individual Address (IA) filtering or broadcast
filtering.
? The PCI Configuration registers are accessible to the host *(this is
what I'm looking for!!)*.
The LAN controller switches from Wake on LAN mode to the D0a power
state following

So, if this is correct I think I was right in saying the nic seemed
like it was powered off?? At this point I need to figure out how to
assert a PME# signal to wake up the nic. Maybe from the Power
Managment Control register??

Thanks - Joe