[coreboot] Flashing problem on the SST49LF004B

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Feb 4 16:23:32 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 04:06:44PM +0530, Lalitha V.N. wrote:
> in a file name called jan-14  and tried to flash(write) the content
> in the filename  jan-14 on to a new flashrom SST49LF004B..

This should work.

> ***Then we removed the original Bios chip and inserted the new
> flashrom SST49LF004B and tried to flash(write)
>
> [root at turtle9 flashrom]# flashrom -w jan14

flashrom -w does not automatically erase the flash chip before
writing. I find this very unintuitive, but it is the way it
currently works.

Please try running flashrom -E on the SST chip first, and then run
flashrom -w and finally flashrom -v to verify.

Please let us know if that works or not.

Thanks!

//Peter