[coreboot] Run PCI rom before PCI bus scan??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Mon Feb 4 13:49:36 CET 2008

Hello,
I would like to report that with ethtool under the original bios I am
able to dump the 82562ET eeprom registers:

0010 957a d175 1a03 0000 0201 4701 0000
0000 0000 49b2 0000 8086 007f 0000 0000
8080 8080 7a7a 7a7a bd90 60b3 0000 7454
8bab 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 1039 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0128 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0000 0000 4030 0000 0000 0000 c731

According to the datasheet:

http://download.intel.com/design/network/applnots/ap409.pdf

There are a few registers out of the norm. I am going to re-program
them back to their defaults and try coreboot again?? One major
difference I noticed is Linux is detecting the device id of 103Ah and
the eeprom has a device id of 1039h (this value should be correct).
Could the incorrect device id cause the PCI bridge scan not to detect
the device?

Thanks - Joe