[coreboot] Run PCI rom before PCI bus scan??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sun Feb 3 17:59:35 CET 2008

Quoting Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:

> On 03.02.2008 03:34, ron minnich wrote:
>> On Feb 2, 2008 5:34 PM,  <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Is there a way to run a PCI rom before the PCI bus scan runs???
>>>

>> Yes, we have to do this on any later geode. The LX port should give
>> you a hint on how it's done.
>>

> Sorry, but how are you going to run a ROM before you know where it is
> located? I can see a way to run an image of a PCI ROM before PCI bus
> scan if the image resides in main system flash, but otherwise...
>
> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel

Ok, let me be more specific. I am pretty sure the pci rom for the
82562ET nic runs and powers on the onboard ethernet device. The nic
does not have an eeprom. All the device settings are kept in the pci
rom on the bios. After the rom runs it enables it, sets up PHY
registers, sets up it PCI config registers, and requests use of the
PCI bridge. That is why I need it to run before the PCI bus scan.

Make sense?

Thanks - Joe