[coreboot] [LinuxBIOS] flashrom on ga 2761gxdk

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 1 22:21:25 CET 2008

On 01.02.2008 21:08, ron minnich wrote:
> Attached is:
> my current svn diff
> the 016 part, verbose
> the 004 part, verbose.
>
> I tried two different 16 mbit parts and both fail. I don't think the
> parts are dead.

For the 4 Mbit part we see this in the logs:
> RDID returned bf 25 8d.

For the 16 Mbit part we see this:
> RDID returned ff ff ff.

If communication with the 16 Mbit part (SST25VF016B) had worked like in
earlier times, we would have seen this instead:
> RDID returned bf 25 41.

The ff ff ff sequence from RDID tells us that either there is some
communication failure between SPI controller and flash chip or the board
setup (southbridge/superio config) differs.
It would be very interesting to:
- boot with a 4 Mbit chip and switch to the 16 Mbit chip during runtime
- find out if the chips are wired differently (this includes being
soldered on different pads)
- check for accidential shorts.

I'm sure we can debug this, in the worst case with the help of an
oscilloscope.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel