[coreboot] Geode LX/CS5536 VSA

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 1 21:22:59 CET 2008

Hi Chris!

First of all, welcome on board!

On 01.02.2008 21:12, Chris Kilgour wrote:
> Marc Jones wrote:
>
>> The following changes were made:
>> Remove int15 callbacks removed. CPU and memory are calculated by VSA.
>> VSA no longer takes all the MFGPTs. Two are now available for OS use.
>>

> I have "ported" the previous VSA sources from the OLPC git tree, so that
> it builds under GNU tools.  It is completely untested, but I plan to
> start testing it any time now.  It has never been released.

Great, thanks!

> I would appreciate any comments from the list on:
> 1. hosting these VSA sources.  Would coreboot.org be a good place to
> keep the GNU-ified VSA sources?

Probably yes. The laptop.org GIT tree only has 2 revisions. Such an
amount of change could easily be handled with subversion and
coreboot.org surely could handle that. The final decision is made by
Stefan, though.

> 2. the idea of permanently moving to a GNU-buildable version?

It would certainly make outside contributions easier.

> 3. anyone interesting in helping to test the "port"?

I'm pretty sure AMD is interested, although those people working on
Geode targets for coreboot will want to test as well. The ability to
tailor the VSA to do exactly the things we need and skip the rest is a
really exciting prospect.

> I also want to patch my "port" based on the newer sources you provided
> Marc.  In looking at the diff's against the OLPC git, I see there are
> about 42 files with mostly-minor code changes, about 26 files removed.
> It should be easy to handle the patching, so I am inclined to do that
> before releasing and testing.

Please do.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel