[coreboot] 690/600 Just starting out.

Zheng Bao fishbaoz at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:59:19 CET 2008

When we did our dbm690t, we set up a SVN server in our own server, which everyday work was submit to. When we think the work is good enough, we send a patch to the community. That is a little complicated, but I believe it is a good way.
Currently the SuperIO is not only configured in Config.lb, but also is included in cache_as_ram.c. Based on this code structure, it is difficult to make a single switch to decide which SuperIO we are using.
Everything makes its own sense. I believe you should make up a new directory in mainboard for each SuperIO. Anyone else?> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:25:53 -0800> From: engineerguy3737 at yahoo.com> To: rminnich at gmail.com> CC: coreboot at coreboot.org> Subject: Re: [coreboot] 690/600 Just starting out.> > Ron,> That sounds ok. I copied over dbm690t in both the mainboard and target directories to advantech/som-5781. I will be getting things to work in those directories. Should I submit a non-working patch to get things started? > > The som-5781 is com-express so the SuperIO lives on the baseboard. The developer baseboard that I am using has an ITE chip on it whereas the release board will have a Winbond. I don't see any way to select at configuration time which SuperIO/Baseboard is connected. Would it make sense to implement a standard SuperIO interface and just link against the one we want? Would there be a need to support multiple SuperIO in the same system? Has there been any steps taken towards doing this? Any interest other than myself?> > The release baseboard is a custom embedded design so it doesn't really make sense to have a directory for it. Thoughts on how to handle this?> > Thanks> Dan Lykowski> > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:> > > From: ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>> > Subject: Re: [coreboot] 690/600 Just starting out.> > To: "Bao, Zheng" <Zheng.Bao at amd.com>> > Cc: engineerguy3737 at yahoo.com, coreboot at coreboot.org> > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 12:32 AM> > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Bao, Zheng> > <Zheng.Bao at amd.com> wrote:> > > The dbm690t uses S1G1 socket. The> > mainboard/amd/xxx/Config.lb should be> > > modified to AM2.> > >> > > > That's fine for testing but, Dan, if that test works> > let's get a> > mainboard directory set up for your new board the> > "right" way.> > > > Thanks> > > > ron> > > > --> > coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org> > http://www.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/coreboot> > > > > --> coreboot mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org> http://www.coreboot.org/mailman/listinfo/coreboot