[coreboot] P state generator for powernow

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Dec 28 02:59:50 CET 2008

Hi Rudolf,

On 25.12.2008 22:08, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just fixed the generator. Now It generates right P-state tables for
> revF of k8 CPUs. I just implemented correct TDP estimations.

The generator didn't compile until I added a cpuid() function.

> The program generates a ACPI ASL code which can be include in DSDT. It
> provides p-state info for powernow-k8 driver and windows driver.

I have attached the result of your code and what the proprietary BIOS
does and the fixed^Whacked-up genpowernow.c file.

The 1600 MHz step seems to be missing completely with the proprietary
BIOS. A few other differences exist as well. I'm not sure whether the
proprietary BIOS is right.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--