[coreboot] YABEL and images in LAR files

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 24 19:33:02 CET 2008

On 19.12.2008 21:28, Corey Osgood wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Pattrick Hueper <phueper at hueper.net> wrote:

>> Hm, cant find a J2F2... looking at the supported mainboards page, did
>> you mean a J7F2??
>>
>> Cheers, Patty
>>

> Yep, that's what I meant.
>
> For flash chips, it works with the BIOS Savior RD1-PMC4 or RD1-LPC8, that's
> PMC49FL004 and Winbond 39V080A chips. The stock BIOS chip, Winbond
> 39V040BPZ, doesn't program correctly on this board, I've now owned two board
> with the same exact chip and it hasn't worked on either one. Don't try to
> flash it, don't ever flash it, or you'll need to buy a programmer to fix it.

Yes indeed. I had the same problem.

> SST49LF040/080 should also work, but I don't know for sure.

If you want a v3 supported board, I suggest an PCEngines Alix1C which
has a PCI slot, but the interactions with VSA might be a problem for YABEL.

OTOH, my Asus M2A-VM works in v2 (with one patch) and somewhat matching
code is in v3 and could probably be made to work in relatively short
time. It has onboard graphics with a graphics ROM inside onboard BIOS
flash. The benefit of this board is really good chipset documentation
and a very responsive chipset manufacturer.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/