[coreboot] need help with #define macro

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Dec 21 18:20:43 CET 2008

Hi Joe,

Joseph Smith wrote:
> > And that's a great thing. Please don't let me discourage it.
> > But coreboot isn't really the place to learn C.
>
> I hate to say it Peter sometimes you can be a little discouraging,
> I think it is just embedded in your personality, so I try not to
> take offence to it.

Sorry about that. I know I can be harsh sometimes. I hope people have
the energy to let me know if I'm out of line.

> For me personally the best way to learn is from my peers, but if it
> irritates people that I ask C related questions on the mailing list
> I will stop, and find help else where.

Learning from peers is really nice. My point was that there are very
good communities, much better than coreboot, for learning C. I know
of the newsgroup and the ##c IRC channel on freenode, they both have
FAQs and a wealth of other information already structured to help
people.

I do have a passion for teaching whatever little I think I know, but
I believe it is important for each forum to keep it's focus.

//Peter