[coreboot] Flash equivalent table

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Dec 20 22:07:09 CET 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> > I would suggest having a link in the mainboards table to the flash
> > chip equivalents table for each chip that has been seen on that
> > board. Why duplicate when we can link?
>
> That's a great idea in all, but that still doesn't help with the
> data duplication.

What data do you mean is duplicated? Sorry, I don't follow.

> I haven't looked into it yet but is there a way to insert mysql
> database calls into mediawiki?

I don't think there is, short of hacking up mediawiki code, which is
quite undesirable.

I think it's important that wikis stay self-contained. That said I
don't think there is anything wrong with generating some content and
even storing it in the wiki automatically. But it's a bad idea when
the content may end up being changed in the wiki itself.

Anyway, I don't understand why we need a database. I think a wiki
page would be perfect.

//Peter