[coreboot] [RFC] Here we go... the SLOF biosemu for coreboot-v3

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Dec 19 02:23:05 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 09:58:22PM +0100, Pattrick Hueper wrote:
> i havent had time to look into seabios.
> What i read/heard of seabios, it seems, that it is pretty much tied
> with the x86 architecture, whereas the SLOF biosemu is designed to be
> architecture
> independent, and for me it has proven to be so by being ported from
> OF/PPC to coreboot/x86 with reasonable effort.

I wonder if YABEL could emulate SeaBIOS - that way, all the ugly bios
code could be in one place (SeaBIOS).  Currently, SeaBIOS will enter
32bit mode to do its initialization - I'm not sure if YABEL can handle
that.

It may also be possible to compile the 32bit SeaBIOS code in native
PPC mode and only emulate the 16bit code in YABEL.

Just some random thoughts..

-Kevin