[coreboot] More v3 questions/issues

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:24:56 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Alright, the good is that memtest boots now. The bad:
>>
>> -Memtest thinks there's no memory, because...
>> -None of the cn700 stage2 drivers are running
>> -And any pci read/write operation in phase6 seems to lock up coreboot,
>> maybe because of a lack of memory?
>>
>> I'm thinking the cn700 drivers are probably not running due to them not
>> having their own dts files or entries in the mainboard dts. If that's the
>> case, how do I represent d0f0, which acts as a PCI device, PCI domain, and
>> CPU bus controller, and needs drivers for all 3?
>

> I think I've figured it out, but it hangs during booting, boot log and
> patch attached. Also, I'm trying to add a driver for the c7 cpu, but I can't
> find the k8/geodelx stage2 make rules. And is the dts entry necessary?

Corey,

Sorry I don't know that much about the cn700...

I'm looking through your log and diff, and it looks like the phase3_scan is
hanging when it finds the first device.  Is there something that needs to be
enabled in the CPU before you can do a PCI config read?  If so that needs to
get called first.

I saw that you moved something from phase6_init to phase2.  I don't think
that's necessary.  My understanding is that only things that are necessary
to enable basic things like bus reading and writing should go there.

Thanks,
Myles