[coreboot] Interesting (part of) article.

pk peka at min-epost.net
Thu Dec 11 22:02:15 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Jordan Crouse <jordan at cosmicpenguin.net> wrote:
>
>> This is only my opinion, so take it as you will, but I think that the only
>> path to success is through the vendors first, and the end users second.
>
> I could not agree more.

+1.

Although, as mentioned, Anandtech seems to have some influence with the
vendors. They also seem to be open to alternative technologies; for
instance, they have performed some benchmarks using gnu/linux, they have
even tried an alternative bios (albeit on modified xbox machines):
http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2271

Just a thought: What would they think of the demos you presented at the
google tech talk? Would it hurt to talk to them about the potentials,
explaining the current situation?

Best regards

Peter K