[coreboot] v3 cn700 patch dump

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 10 13:00:19 CET 2008

On 10.12.2008 12:54, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> early_mtrr_init is broken for ALL chipsets and processors because
>> it disables CAR. I plan to nuke it or at least rewrite it
>> completely.
>>

> Seems a rewrite would be in place then, we do want those MTRRs to get
> the caching, right?

We currently do all that caching setup in stage0.S. See also my other
mail with a patch and extensive comments.

>> Don't just comment the call out, remove the call altogether.
>>

> If we're going to still have the function come back in full strength
> at some point I think the comment is a good thing.

It's only used on the CN700 targets. The other targets don't use it at
all. If we want to enable ROM caching from C code (instead of asm), we
need to talk about the best location for it anyway.

Your point about having the function come back some time is absolutely
valid, though.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--