[coreboot] Flashrom problems on VIA EPIA CN13000G

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Dec 4 21:41:33 CET 2008

Hi,

?B???j wrote:
> I have an VIA EPIA CN13000G board , and bought five SST49LF008A
> chips from internet.

I'm afraid those chips can not work on that board.

>   No EEPROM/flash device found.
>
> Also i tried to flash original BIOS rom (SST49LF004B), it work fine
> (read/write).
> So what did i miss? Could someone tell me what to do ?

I believe your original chip is SST49LF040B, not 004B. 004B and 008A
understand only Firmware commands (they are FWH-compatible) while
040B and 080A respond to "LPC Memory Read" commands and are called
LPC chips.

I suggest trying to find SST49LF080A-33-4C-NHE chips instead.

//Peter