[coreboot] EPIA MII Tutorial for recent coreboot-v2

Tamas Szabo sza2king at freemail.hu
Wed Dec 3 20:04:48 CET 2008

Hi,

Is there an up-to-date version of EPIA MII tutorial?

The one I found at http://www.coreboot.org/VIA_EPIA-MII seems to be
outdated - even the referenced filenames are differ. Based on it I was
not able to create the right ROM file.

If I just simply run buildtarget and make (assume that filo is already
compiled and sits at the right place) the coreboot.rom is created.
However it start with the ELF signature - is it right?

If I use filo from the svn it is compiles, however coreboot 'make'
complains about the size.

The VGA bios extraction method say skip=12 but the doc in coreboot svn
use skip=790528. Which one should I use?

Also, the description of the usage of VGA bios to create the
coreboot.rom is quite unclear.

Can anyone help me, how can I build a usable bios for a few of my
good-old EPIA MIIs?

Thanks in advance,

/sza2