[coreboot] r820 - in coreboot-v3: mainboard/amd/serengeti southbridge/amd/amd8111

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 18:50:03 CEST 2008

On 25.08.2008 17:10, ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>
>> Is the superio init code getting too complex? Or the "enable all flash"
>> code? Or CAR init? Did I miss something
>
> I don't think you missed anything. At the moment, I would bet that I
> have put un-needed stuff in stage 0. That is why I said "may" :-)

There's also some stuff which can be either in initram or the bootblock.
- Putting it in initram has the benefit of keeping bootblock size down,
but if you have fallback and normal initram, you need the space twice.
- Putting it in the bootblock saves space in case we have two initram
(fallback/normal).
We also may decide to switch to gcc -combine -fwhole-program for the
bootblock. That would probably reduce bootblock size by 20%.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/