[coreboot] k8 status

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 21:09:31 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

>>> Can't we postpone microcode loading to stage2 or at least past initram?
>> AMD tells me not for fam10, so we might as well get it right from the start.
>> question: if BSP brings up ram, can't APs use that BSP ram? Is there
>> any reason this would not work?

actually I think it already does ... I've been reading the bsp boot
stuff a bit now.

> your idea would probably need some re-architecting of the v3 code.

I'm not so sure of that, since I am hiding this part in initram.

Hang on and let's see how it goes in the next week.


More information about the coreboot mailing list