[coreboot] r3529 - trunk/coreboot-v2/targets/tyan/s2912_fam10

Marc Jones Marc.Jones at amd.com
Wed Aug 20 19:44:08 CEST 2008

Arne Georg Gleditsch wrote:
> svn at coreboot.org writes:
>> Author: stepan
>> Date: 2008-08-20 11:17:30 +0200 (Wed, 20 Aug 2008)
>> New Revision: 3529
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/coreboot-v2/targets/tyan/s2912_fam10/Config-abuild.lb
>> Log:
>> this port seems somehow broken.. Now, is it using FAILOVER, or is it not?!
>
> Hmm.  This was supposed to be more or less equivalent to the approach
> taken by the serengeti_cheetah_fam10 target, but I see it isn't quite...
>
> It works as it is (was), but I can have a look at it again if there are
> stylistic issues.  I might not have exercised the abuild file, though --
> what would be the recommended way of doing that so as to ensure that is
> in correspondence with the regular config file?

This was my fault. I missed reviewing the abuild config.

This is now the same as serengeti_cheetah_fam10.

A little background information. The fam10 initialization is a bit
larger than the K8 code. To make more room in the same 512K ROM that
most platforms have the normal image was dropped. The other change is
the use of failover. This makes the XIP CAR code live in only one place
instead of in the fallback and normal images.

Arne, please test a s2912_fam10 abuild and ack this.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer