[coreboot] Fam10h support for Tyan S2912-E

Arne Georg Gleditsch arne.gleditsch at dolphinics.no
Tue Aug 12 14:11:54 CEST 2008

Marc Jones <Marc.Jones at amd.com> writes:
> Please send the entire serial output with
> DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=8. I would like to see if there are any
> issues with the CPU init.

Here you go.  My current status is as follows:

* SATA controller: works, but only if vendor BIOS is allowed to run once
  after poweron.  Not sure what the issue can be here, since the
  controller seems to work flawlessly both in FILO and Linux when the
  vendor BIOS is replaced with coreboot in flight and hard reset is
  applied.
* Network controllers: work, but only with pci=nomsi kernel option.
* PCIe addon cards are not discovered.

Attached: log from (failing) poweron run and (working) post-vendor cold
reset run, as well as my diffs (initial copying of s2912 sources omitted
for brevity).

The first issue is for me the most serious one, so any pointers on how
to get that resolved would be appreciated.

--
								Arne.