[coreboot] brainstorm: new LPC dongle from Artec Group

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Mon Aug 11 17:20:57 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:15 AM, Martin-Éric Racine
<martin-eric.racine at artecgroup.com> wrote:
> In conjunction with item #2 above, we are hereby giving the Coreboot
> community an opportunity to influence the design of this new product.
> While we cannot guarantee that every idea submitted will be used, we
> will definitely be reading all the feedback we receive.

The current LPC dongle is great--I've been using it for a couple of
weeks and it speeds up firmware debugging enormously.

Here's my wish list for a new version of the dongle (some of which
overlap previous responses). I'd like to be able to:

1. Reset the dongle by issuing a command from the host, instead of
pushing a button on the dongle.

2. Reset the target by issuing a command from the host that toggles a
GPIO connected to a reset pin on the target.

3. Enable 4MB addressing by setting a jumper on the dongle or by
issuing a command from the host.

4. Purchase a prewired PLCC32 LPC/FWH plug adapter instead of hunting
for parts and assembling them myself.

5. Pay via credit card. I would happily pay you a surcharge to avoid
the time and expense of dealing with checks and banks and wire
transfers.

--Ed