[coreboot] Building a Linux kernel payload of qemu

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Mon Aug 11 15:34:35 CEST 2008

Hi Yajin,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 09:25:09PM +0800, yajin wrote:
> Hi everyone, I want to build coreboot and linux kernel as a payload. I
> just followed this wiki article:
> http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU_Build_Tutorial#Building_a_Linux_kernel_payload.
> My host system is ubuntu 8.04 on dell vostro 1400 notebook.

OK - try using the qemu that comes with ubuntu 8.04. It should work; at least
it does for me. Our wiki is sadly out of date :/

Does that help?

If not, try using buildrom to generate your coreboot + kernel payload. If you
want to use buildrom, use revision 209, or if you want to use the latest
revision apply this patch before you build:

  http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-August/037380.html

That fixes kernel and LAB build in buildrom for revisions 210 and higher.

I hope to get that patch committed today.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator