[coreboot] K8 and Fam10 CAR

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Aug 9 15:43:02 CEST 2008

On 09.08.2008 15:23, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 03:08:11PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> I think I can fix that. If APs are only started after the BSP has
>> initialized DRAM, there is no problem because the printk() buffer
>> is relocated directly after DRAM init.
>>

> Don't APs also need to initialize DRAM? Or can the BSP do this
> "remotely" ?
>
> Is there one printk buffer per core or are all printk() calls always
> handled by the BSP and it's associated buffer?

My current design calls for a common printk buffer, maybe with access
guarded by a lock. Basically, the same question applies to serial
output. I'd prefer to have readable and reliable serial output, even if
it means we have to use locking. After all, prink output is what we use
for debugging, so it should be intelligible.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/