[coreboot] Minimal seabios for coreboot

Zhang Rui zrfail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:11:23 CEST 2008

Hello,

2008/8/6, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net>:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 12:44:55PM +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:
> > so if I want to write the int13 for scsi booting, should I write
> > interrupt function in coreboot and inject it to int13, or just write
> > codes in seabios?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  The difficulty is going to be in passing
> the information from the coreboot option rom scan to seabios so that
> seabios can properly boot the machine (and fail over to an alternative
> boot source if necessary).  I suppose one could add the legacy bios
> bootup rules to coreboot, but I don't like that idea much.

My understanding is this:
1. the option rom is some place SeaBIOS can find. So we can use
SeaBIOS as a payload to boot.
2. the option rom is in zipped in coreboot.rom. So I should copy bin
of SeaBIOS to coreboot and let the scsi controller option rom install
int13 in coreboot. So some boot loader can load the OS from scsi
storage.

Is this OK?

Best regards.
Zhang Rui