[coreboot] Minimal seabios for coreboot

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Aug 6 02:24:42 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 12:44:55PM +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:
> 2008/7/22, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net>:
> > I can see where the above would be useful if the payload is always
> > coming out of flash.  However, if the user ever needs to boot using
> > seabios (or via a scsi/pxe option rom) then I think seabios needs to
> > be the payload and needs to drive the bootup.
> >

> so if I want to write the int13 for scsi booting, should I write
> interrupt function in coreboot and inject it to int13, or just write
> codes in seabios?

I'm not sure what you mean.  The difficulty is going to be in passing
the information from the coreboot option rom scan to seabios so that
seabios can properly boot the machine (and fail over to an alternative
boot source if necessary).  I suppose one could add the legacy bios
bootup rules to coreboot, but I don't like that idea much.

-Kevin