[coreboot] patch: resource map proposal.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 19:50:32 CEST 2008

On 04.08.2008 19:32, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 07:27:05PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>> This includes my proposed pci config patch.
>>>
>> Can you hold off committing a bit? I think I can come up with a
>> cleaner alternative to the pci config patch (hopefully without any
>> code changes).
>>

> Please stop creating wait states.
>
> Apply Ron's patch to your local tree, work there, then send a patch
> to apply on top of Ron's commit.

If I'm successful, I'll be undoing 50% of Ron's patch.

-	pci_write_config32(a, b, c);
+	pci_cf8_conf1.write32(NULL, 0, a, b, c);

Can't we just use a macro for that stuff?
#define PCI_WRITE_CONFIG32_EARLY(a,b,c) pci_cf8_conf1.write32(NULL, 0, a, b, c);

Do this, and 50% of Ron's changes are obsolete.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/