[coreboot] flashrom-1.0

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Apr 28 16:36:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:24:55AM -0400, Joe wrote:
> >> I deffinatly think there should be some kind of criteria laid
> >> down for new versions.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Well, for example we have rules laid down for submitting patches to
> the svn right? And, those rules serve a purpose right?

Yes, definately. But keep in mind they don't control _when_ patches
are submitted. ;)

> Maybe, it is just me then, I work in a very structured bussiness
> environment, where there are rules and guidlines to everything.

I'm not saying policy is always bad, I'm just saying I think it will
be tough to create a useful one for this.

> And they serve their purpose for good reasons.

My "why" question wasn't asking why rules in general, but rather if
you had any suggestions about specific rules for this case - ie
reasons and purposes that we would make rules for.

If we can come up with some good ones then great, but I think it will
be tough. If not, no big deal I say.

//Peter