[coreboot] flashrom on Eee PC

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Apr 28 10:10:20 CEST 2008

Hi Nathan,

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 09:56:21PM -0600, Nathan Coulson wrote:
> I just wanted to report my tests with flashrom.

Thank you for the report!

(Just a small request that you please keep in mind to start a new
thread the next time you post on a new topic. Ie. post a brand new
message to the list rather than replying. That way, it is easier to
follow the discussion within your new thread. Thanks in advance! :)

> Running on a EeePC 701 4G.
>
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "Intel ICH6-M", enabling flash write... OK.
> No EEPROM/flash device found.
>
> (Not my site, but it has the specs on the EeePC)
> http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/Eee_PC_Research
>
> ICH6-M southbridge, and one user reported having a WinBond W25x40

That wiki page mentions it has a Intel 915 chipset, I would have
guessed that it's an ICH-8M rather than 6, but never mind. It's an
SPI flash chip and flashrom does not have completely generic SPI
support yet, so I am not surprised that flashrom does not work on
the machine yet.

Sorry about these bad news. :\

//Peter