[coreboot] problem about ioapic

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Fri Apr 18 23:01:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

What northbridge it is? I think you need two things:

         /* Set APIC to FSB message bus. */

         l[0] = 0x3;

         val = l[4];

         l[4] = (val & 0xFFFFFE) | 1;

(this is in the vt8237r_lpc.c) so If you use this you should be safe.

Second thing you need is to route the APIC messages through chipset correctly.
I think this is D0F7/D11F7 0x7c bit 3. In fact you need to have correct values
there for the whole 0x70-0x7f range.

Also, it seems you will need some timer overrides:

       /* IRQ0 -> APIC IRQ2. */

         current += acpi_create_madt_irqoverride((acpi_madt_irqoverride_t *)

                                                 current, 0, 0, 2, 0x0);

Thanks,

Rudolf