[coreboot] Where to get a Winbond W39V040BPZ chip?

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:19:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 04:13:22PM +0200, Richard Stellingwerff wrote:
> > does it have to be a Winbond W39V040BPZ or can I get an alternative?
>
> Must not be Winbond at all.

And I don't know about others, but I haven't been able to get that chip to
program with the v8237r and flashrom. It programs fine in a programmer and
works fine, but either erase or write doesn't work correctly. I've
successfully used PMC (now pflash?) pm49fl004 and winbond w38v080a, which
are both part of BIOS Savior RD1s.

-Corey