[coreboot] Time for a new project

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 05:50:31 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Segher Boessenkool
<segher at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

>  Right.  So my base is *not* "ELF is best", but it is "ELF is just fine
>  for this, so why would we need another format, with all infrastructure
>  overhead that requires?".  So please start by explaining what is bad,
>  or even just sub-optimal, in using ELF here.

Let's take it one thing at a time.

First question.

What is the means by which I can create an ELF file such that the
segment data is compressed, but the segment headers are not, and I can
know which compression algorithm was used, so that I can do a
streaming decompress of a segment into memory, a.k.a zero-copy?

ron