[coreboot] Time for a new project

joe at settoplinux.org joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Apr 14 01:07:00 CEST 2008

> I believe that the primary market for coreboot is x86, and will be for
> a very long time (possibly for ever).

I, on the other hand, believe the embedded market is a lot bigger.
Pretty much every embedded board uses its own coreboot equivalent --
well, not equivalent, we really want coreboot to not be riddled with
bugs, and it to be flexible and user-friendly, and packed with features
and all that goodness.

> You are welome to prove me wrong,

Don't worry, I will.  Ooh, a challenge!  :-)

Hello,
We can't just lump the "embedded market" into non x86 arch's. There are pletty of x86 embedded machines out there. I know this first hand :-)

**On a personal note**
By the way everyone, I decided to scrap the home email/web server. I've been using it for years, but it was just not working out anymore (it seems to be getting more traffic these days, not to mention the email problems). So now I am out sourcing. My new domain is www.settoplinux.org , come and check it out if you have a free minute. And you may have noticed my new email is joe at settoplinux.org. I will update any links on the coreboot wiki as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks - Joe