[coreboot] Flashrom error:iwill board:SST49LF004A/B

Viswesh S viswesh_vichu at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 07:49:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

Is the SST49lf04 an "A" or "B"?
[Viswesh] Actually I have both.When I tried with SST49LF004B, the above error is seen.

When I later tried with 4A, it was able to detect it, but the erasing failed as I suppose the Write Lock has been enabled.The read was successful.

Is this the flash device that came with the mainboard?

[Viswesh] No, These are new ones which we are trying on the iwill board.

If not, what flash device did the board come with from the factory?

[Viswesh] Need to remove the label and check,not sure right now.

Are you running flashrom with the factory BIOS?

[Viswesh]No.The board came up with the factory bios and then we removed it and then put our new SST flash and trying out.

I'm trying to get some feedback here to see about adding some debug
and/or flash enables to flashrom and debug ideas to the flashrom wiki.