[coreboot] Test2

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Wed Apr 9 03:07:18 CEST 2008

Quoting Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org>:

> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:48:46PM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> Quoting joe at smittys.pointclark.net:
>>
>> > Test2
>> >
>> Wow, I don't know what just happened but I just had 35 emails come
>> through, most of which were the missing ones from today???
>
> Joe - fix your DNS. Cf. Stepan's mail earlier today; you don't have MX
> records defined, which means delivery is attempted directly to
> smittys.pointclark.net, which apparently only takes tcp connections on port
> 25 from *some* parts of the internet.

Actually I think it was snortam (Intrusion Prevention). I noticed this
message from snort:

80.190.231.112: hostname khepri.openbios.org verification faile...

So I shut off snortam (Intrusion Prevention) and a half hour later
(maybe cache flushed) all the emails come in.

If you didn't notice my domain is a subdomain (free). That also means
when my server goes down all emails sit on the master domain email
server (pointclark.net) until my server comes back up. Anyways all is
working good now.

Thanks - Joe