[coreboot] i2c-i810 code

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Tue Apr 8 16:05:54 CEST 2008

Quoting joe at smittys.pointclark.net:

>> Quoting Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de>:

>>> Are we talking about this file?
>>> http://lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/trunk/kernel/busses/i2c-i810.c
>>>
>> Yes
>>>
>>> If yes, there is no problem. It's GPLv2-or-later and can be copied into
>>> our repo (and adapted as needed), no problem. Just keep the complete
>>> license header intact, of course.
>>>
>>> The question is how much of that code you need, lots of it looks very
>>> Linux-specific and would need quite some modifications.
>> Yes
>>> It might be
>>> easier to write your own code from scratch for coreboot.
>>>
>> Probibly, but I could use certian functions from this code.
>>>
>>> What exactly do you intend to do? Where's this code needed?
>>>
>> This code will enable communications with the Conexant CX25873 tv-out
>> chip via i2c through the northbridge GPIO lines. Then I can program
>> the tv-out registers and initialize it. I'm still not exactly sure
>> where this code will run. If can run before VGA is initialized that
>> would be great. But it may have to run after, to get the correct clock
>> and timing signals from the northbridge graphics, which means a
>> modification to the coreboot core code.
>>
> Anyone know from what file the vga device init code is from???

Ok, looks like it just uses the default init. Also looks like I won't
have to modify any coreboot core code to run the i2c-i810 after VGA is
initialized. I can just setup a vga.c file in the northbridge for a
custom vga init, and call it from there. Kind of like Corey did for
the Via CN700, thanks Corey :-)

Thanks - Joe