[LinuxBIOS] Call for help: superiotool

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:45:54 CEST 2007

On 9/27/07, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 27.09.2007 18:21, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> > On 9/23/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> >> To make the tool more useful we need
> >>
> >>  - As many supported Super I/Os as possible.
> >>
> >>    Supporting new ones is relatively easy, but a bit time-consuming.
> >>    You have to grab the datasheet, find out the ID/version of the
> >>    Super I/O and add it in the respective file (ite.c for ITE Super I/Os,
> >>    for example). For the dump functionality you have to add a (large) table
> >>    with all registers and their defaults.
> >
> > Okay -- I grabbed the code from SVN, compiled it and ran it on a few
> > computers, but I didn't get any useful output (verbose mode was also
> > pretty sparse).  I assume that this means that my Super I/O chips are
> > not supported, correct?
>
> Not supported by superiotool, however if there was any output at all,
> we'd like to know it.

Ok.  I'll re-run the tests when I get a chance and send in the output.

> I can send dozens of ITE data sheets (even for now unavailable chips)
> your way.

Great.  If you could just put those on a webserver someplace, that
would be excellent.  Any kind of preference on what chips get
supported first?

> What's the vendor of your Super I/O?

Well, as I said, I tested superiotool on multiple machines.  I should
be able to just crack the case on a machine and spot it on the
motherboard, I assume?