[LinuxBIOS] Enabling APIC

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Fri Sep 21 09:38:46 CEST 2007

Thanks, I'll have a look at these tomorrow. For some reason, ACPI on my
> system doesn't work (produces the error I had before) if the base is set
> to 0x500, but it does work with 0x400 (the factory slot). Also, a quick

Maybe you have something at 0x500, use the isadump -f 0x500 from
lm-sensors package to find out.
> peak at your irq_tables.c tells me they're probably no good, the correct
> IRQ router is 0x3227, not 0x596.
Yep correct, I never tried those, I used MP table for the IRQ routing.
You may try to use the MP table or the ACPI, all you need is to remove
all PCI DEVS you dont have. I suppose you have VT8237 at 0:11.0 so you
need to leave all lines with
0x11XXXX.

Rudolf