[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] FILO normal/fallback boot patch

Corey Osgood corey.osgood at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 22:42:24 CEST 2007

Dunno if anyone's ever wanted/done this before, but the attached patch
adds a fallback boot option to FILO, so that if the first kernel fails,
the second one gets booted, if that fails it drops to the usual command
line. I'm using it on Magden's system to try to boot from USB before
going to the hard drive, but I imagine it could be used for CD-ROM, etc,
just as easily. The fallback boot is entirely optional, if not defined
it's just ignored. Also, this won't break Peter's filo speedup patch,
except the changes to the default config file (which I'll fix and send
another patch, if need be). It needs a little more prettying up and some
comments if it were to get committed, but if people don't want it I
won't bother.

-Corey