[LinuxBIOS] Missing IRQ table entries; irq_tables.c problem?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Sep 18 01:34:02 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:56:55PM -0700, Jonathan Sturges wrote:
> Thanks Uwe,
> That was it!  I added 'option IRQ_SLOT_COUNT=3' to the Config.lb in the target directory of my board, and that did the trick.  I now get IRQs assigned to all 3 devices I intended to.  Very nice!

Nice, indeed! Does everything else work on your board?
Either way, please post a patch so we can add it to the repository.

> As a side note, I noticed that only 2 boards came with IRQ_SLOT_COUNT in their Config.lb's.  Was this option recently made mandatory?  If so, we need a sweep to update the LBv2 Config.lb files.

Not sure, but we should probably only change this if we can test it.
IIRC, most boards have IRQ_SLOT_COUNT in Options.lb, but not all of them
use that value in irq_table.c, but hardcode another value instead.
That should be fixed indeed.

Uwe.