[LinuxBIOS] [RFC] Initial attempt at supporting MSI K9N Neo ( MS-7260)

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Sep 14 10:50:20 CEST 2007

Hi Marc,

(CC to list)

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 06:33:17PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> here's my first try with the K9N. It took me a while to figure out how
>> to make serial work (the Super I/O is at 0x4e on this board, and you
>> need a small hack to switch to 24MHz, see patch), but that part
>> works fine now.
>>

> 0x4e is not unusual for the SIO decode.

Yep, but it seems that's what the BIOS does.
I verified with superiotool (I added W83627EHG support, patch pending).

> You should check and see if the
> pcbios sets 24Mhz or 48Mhz. I would set it up the same as they do. There
> should be a bit for half clock divisor on the serial port instead of
> changing the clock.

Ah, yes, CR 0xF0 (page 102 in the datasheet) looks like the register I
need. I'll try that.

However, the BIOS indeed sets the clock speed to 24MHz (CR 0x24, bit 6
was set to zero when I checked).

> I suspect that this is the SPD address is different.

How do I find out the correct one? i2cdetect/i2cdump?

Uwe.