[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS - Booting Windows XP

Augusto Pedroza augusto.pedroza at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 02:23:29 CEST 2007

Hi Myles,
  in the xpboot.diff the following alterations should be made:
In the file:
 util/ADLO/loader.s

comment out or remove the lines 177 until 180:
;mov  al, #0x3d ;; cmos_reg
;out  0x70, al
;mov  al, #0x02 ;; val (hdd)
;out  0x71, al

In the file:
util/ADLO/bochs/bios/rombios.c

uncomment  line 147:
 #define BX_ELTORITO_BOOT 1

Have you done these alterations already?
Also try booting your windows installation CD with qemu default's BIOS and
let me know the result please.

Thanks,
  Augusto Pedroza

--