[LinuxBIOS] quadcore opteron

yhlu yinghailu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:22:54 CEST 2007

On 9/7/07, Fridel Fainshtein <fainshf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does quad core opteron needs some special software?
> If yes, is there any supporting open source code?
> (May be just first steps, cache as ram etc.)

before I was leaving AMD,
1. the code works well in simulator even with 64node...
2. on the real silicon, the code could run on seregenti_cheetah...,
but still need some time to debug the mem code (workaround silicon
bug)... ===> anyway it was too late/hard for me to get chip and i
didn't have enough to time to test it....

the code is quite different to dual core opteron...

YH