[LinuxBIOS] buildrom strategy

Quux pawn2be.wild at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 4 17:14:10 CEST 2007

Ward Vandewege schrieb:
> Now; before I post my patches to the list for review, I'd like to know what
> the current thinking is on the future of buildrom.
>
> There are a couple of issues with buildrom as it stands today:
>
> a) it's v2 only
> b) there is no standardized way to use a different initrd 'skeleton' for a specific board
> c) there is no standardized way to have different LinuxBIOS Config.lb files for a
> particular board, based on the payload
>
> Thoughts? Does that sound reasonable?

my view: whatever gets us closer to a feasible live-Linux-CDROM that is
bootable on GA M57-SLI as well as ASUS A8N-E (the desktop flagships 30 -
80€ in cost) and has binaries to flash on those targets is well
supportable. we need binaries for early adopters to download and flash
into their mobos and save that in wiki. --Q

--
New Mexico: it's not new, and it isn't it Mexico.
The Fed: "There is nothing federal about the federal reserve system, and